MVP Insider is the annual newsletter for Veterans participating in the Million Veteran Program. This newsletter features discoveries made by MVP researchers, shares stories about MVP’s Veteran participants, and highlights how MVP is committed to improving health care for all Veterans.
Issue 11, Fall 2023
Highlights from issue 11 include:
- A look back at MVP’s journey from one to one million Veterans and beyond!
- Program Director Dr. Sumitra Muralidhar and Principal Investigator Dr. Mike Gaziano reflect on MVP’s progression, successes, and plans for the future.
- Veteran stories from the field—where four Veterans share their one-in-a-million stories with MVP.
Read on to learn about these research findings:
- MVP researchers found genes related to re-experiencing traumatic memories, a common symptom of PTSD.
- Experiencing PTSD or TBI may increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and other related dementias (ADRD).
- Eating nuts, but not peanut butter, more than 5x per week could lower the risk of coronary artery disease.
- Care for endometriosis may be improved by taking a whole health approach, rather than treating just physical symptoms.